almost 6 years ago
Thanks for joining the Alexa Skills Challenge: Life Hacks! You're officially registered now, and we’ll be sending you regular updates throughout the competition.
Here’s how to prepare yourself to build an Alexa skill that provides convenience, saves time, or improves an everyday task in your life. Remember: Submissions are due April 30, 2018 at 5:00pm ET.
- Sign up for an Amazon Developer account. If you don’t have an Amazon Developer account yet, sign up for one (it’s free!). While you’re at the Amazon Developer portal, review the documentation for building with the Alexa Skills Kit.
- Review the rules. Thoroughly read the competition rules to ensure your submission complies. Please note that your skill must pass certification in the U.S. Alexa Skill Store before April 30, 5pm ET in order to be eligible.
- Bookmark Test Simulator (Beta) & EchoSim. You don’t have to have an Echo to participate! After you build your skill, you can test it with the Test Simulator (Beta) directly within the Developer Console, which allows you to test with either text or voice, and to see how your skill displays on an Echo Show. You can also use the EchoSim Alexa Skill Testing Tool, a free browser-based tool that behaves like a real Echo.
- Get a head start on your submission. Fill out the basic fields on the application form and familiarize yourself with the submission requirements. This will give you a good idea of what you'll need to put together. Remember: you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the deadline.
- Optional (but recommended): Form a team. Thinking about buddying up? Visit the participants page to find and meet teammates. You can see who else is looking for a teammate, check out what’s in their portfolio, and send them a message to connect. Consider signing up for the competition Slack channel, too, where you can also meet and chat with other hackers.
We’re looking forward to seeing your life-hacking skill. Good luck!